Baked Salmon MayoPosted: August 7, 2012
This morning I was thinking about salmon miso mayo that I used to eat at Sushi Tei Bandung. Have you tried it before? If your answer is no, you have to give it a try because it is just sooooo yummy! If you are a fan of raw salmon just like me, don’t forget to ask them making the salmon half cooked. In my opinion, it tastes better that way. So guess what? I went to grocery shopping at Northland Shopping Centre this afternoon and also bought salmon fillet as I wanna try making baked salmon mayo.
The Simply Happy Ingredients (all in approximately measurement-noted this is only for 1 serve) :
- salmon fillet (I bought Tazmanian salmon fillet at fish pier, their seafood supplies are way fresher than other)
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- mayonnaise (I used egg mayo from KRAFT, it tastes similarly with Kewpie mayo original)
- 1 tbs minced garlic oil
- fresh spinach
- Cook the rice (Yes I cooked my rice using rice cooker, not frying pan anymore…. :p )
- Mix mayonnaise, salt, pepper and lemon juice together, stir them well. I don’t have exact measure of the the seasonings, just taste it and stop until reaching the desirable taste.
- Spread the pan with olive oil or unsalted butter, heat it.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillet with a little bit salt and pepper and put into the heated pan.
- Cook salmon until the color turning into light pink/peach then pour the mayo sauce upon the salmon. (It’s totally up to you how thick and rich the sauce is). If you want to make it half cooked, don’t cook it too long since you still have to broil the salmon.
- Broil the salmon fillet for around a minute (just to drying the top side and also give burst taste to the mayo layer).
- Put some fresh spinach on the plate and the salmon above. Serve it with warm rice, bon appetite!
Why lemon juice? Lemon can reduce the fishy odor and give fresher taste into food especially seafood. And or those who do not really like creamy food, lemon juice will save you well. 🙂
Why raw fresh spinach? I love eating raw foods, including raw veggies. They are yummy, fresh and you can taste its crispness when biting them. By putting spinach as the base, the natural juicy oil from the salmon itself will give them taste as well as the mayo sauce. So it all just so delish..
This is a healthy and yummy food, yet very simple and easy to make. So why don’t you give it a try?