Chinese Stir-Fried BeefPosted: December 26, 2012
Family is where my heart belongs. Always have and always will. This morning I received a text from my dad in Indonesia that my mother’s big family start coming to my city as tomorrow one of my cousin will be married. What a beatify moment for our big family! I do really want to attend the wedding. I love the hectic atmosphere when one close relative carry out a marriage and every family member will be involved in the bee hives rhythm. I miss home and this situation makes me miss it even more.
Since I am so far away from my home and family, I try to raise up the “back home taste” this afternoon by cooking stir fry beef. I was born in a Chinese descent family but since my great grand parents generation, they already lived in Indonesia. No wonder Chinese food is one of the most frequent menu served on our table. My mother is a great cook and she loves cooking various menu of Chinese foods for the family. One of the most often dish is the stir fry beef with onion. This is easy and quick to be cooked yet tasty as well. I can say this is one of me and my brother favorite dish too.
- 1 beef steak fillet
- 1 Tablespoon of cooking wine
- 1 Table spoon of Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Onion (chopped)
- 1,5 Tablespoon of olive/vegetable oil
Step by Step:
- First of all, mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl (cooking wine, Hoisin sauce, Oyster sauce, pepper, salt and sesame oil)
- Cut the beef steak into your preference size of pieces. I like to have it big while my mom used to cut the beef small and thin.
- Chop the onion into 4 wedges and cut it into thinner pieces (I only used 1 wedges)
- Heat the pan for a moment then add olive/vegetable oil over the pan
- Add the chopped onion and stir until it smells
- Put the beef and cook for approximately 1 minute
- Pour the sauce mix and stir until it perfectly cooked and browned
I had this stir fry beef 15 minute recipe for my lunch and felt simply happy. Food can bring back memories and comfort you. For me, this home style dish is such a comfort food that successfully warmed my day. Easy, simple and tasty! You can combine this with vegetable if you like and have it with freshly cooked rice.