Broccoli and Cheese Bacon Cups!Posted: May 3, 2013
It’s a T.G.I.F! I am quite amazed of myself this morning to wake up so early and prepared many things including breakfast and lunch box before heading to university. To be honest I’m totally not a morning person and having a tendency to skip breakfast unless I have plenty of time that day. I had a plan in mind to prepare and get myself a nice breakfast to survive the whole Friday at uni though. So this morning I had an experience with bacon cup. This breakfast menu is so popular with many different names nowadays and you can find it everywhere like on Pinterest that I have seen lots of bacon cup creations. But this one is mine!
Normally people use muffin mold but I don’t have it so I used a ramekin instead.
Ingredients (for 2 portion) :
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- small cuts of broccoli
- grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- gourmet lettuce
Step by Step :
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Lightly grease the ramekin with butter
- Cut wholemeal bread in rounded form to be placed as the cup basis
- Arrange the bacon to form the a “cup”, normally it takes 3-4 slices
- Place grated cheese and small cuts broccoli into the cup
- Break an egg into each ramekin
- Sprinkle slightly with cheese and pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes or until eggs is cooked
- Remove the bacon cup and arrange on plate with the lettuce
I always find broccoli goes very well with cheese and the smell of baked broccoli is so good. Lettuce brings freshness and neutralize the overall taste so it’s not too overwhelming by the savory ingredients.
I wish you guys could have a great great week end ahead! 🙂